1. Search by keyword, title or author in the box above to locate books in the Library Catalog.
2. To view only St. George's Library materials, limit your search using the Location option on the left-hand side of the results page.
3. Click on a book title to learn more about it.
4. When a book looks promising, note its location at St. George's (Non-Fiction, Fiction, etc...) and write down the "Call Number" (ex: 852.1 T543 or FIC Martin). That's the address of the book on the shelf.
5. Use the shelf-map at left to help you determine where to go to find the book on the shelf.
6. For more advanced searching, use a book that matches your topic to find the blue hyperlinked SUBJECT HEADINGS at the bottom of the record. Click on those to find other titles in the catalog with that SUBJECT HEADING assigned to it.
7. Remember that similar books are shelved together. If you find one book on your topic, go up to the shelf and look at what is sitting next to it to find additional books to use
8. Can't find what you need at St. George's? Locate the title in the search results and click the "Request It" button to have the book sent to you for free from another library. You will need your library card to complete the request.
What is a book review?
Why use a book review?
Where can I find book reviews?